Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Retail Store Manager
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- To provide our Customers the best Shopping Experience;
- To meet the expectations of our Stakeholders through a highly motivated team.
- Develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability.
- Follow and execute marketing strategies, price, promotions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains store yearly steering wheel KPIs and engage all staff to contribute to store performance.
- Maintains store staff objectives and personal development plans by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Employee Management and Supervision:
- Ensuring the early/timely resumption of the employees – 15minutes before the start of their shift and their readiness for work before the start of their shift.
- Ensure communication of all strategic information as passed by management to the employees through the team-leaders promptly and accurately.
- Hold regular briefings with team so as to orientate on new trends, discuss periodic targets and mandates, promos and promo updates and get feedback on work related issues from team.
- Evaluate and correct where necessary employees’ grooming and appearance.
- Cross-check all the various roasters to team.
- Ensure the adherence of all the employees to the various roasters – shift roaster; off-duty roaster, leave roaster etc., maintained by the department.
- Cross-checking all staff planning/arrangements for weekends, public holidays and other important days.
- Ensure that the change of shifts is well coordinated by the Departmental Manager and chiefs so as to prevent disruptions in the service to customers.
- Ensuring adherence to other daily opening & closing procedures as stipulated for self and team.
- Employee performance management.
- Hygiene, Health & Safety Management.
- Ensure the enforcement of discipline in the shop by all Managers/chiefs.
- Confirm and approve all vacancies before recruitment is initiated.
- Ensure the company provided safety/protective clothes/uniforms and kits are worn in the right manner by all staff. Ensure dress kits and PPE (personal protective equipment) are used in line with laid down procedure – always wear gloves, caps, aprons, uniforms, coats, boots etc. by all members of team.
- Ensure that all the work area is cleaned before, during and after use with recommended solutions & chemicals.
- Confirm and approve all interviewed candidates before they are employed.
- Participate actively in the induction and training of new employees.
- Ensure employee’s compliance with company’s set standard on personal grooming.
- Ensure all the equipment are cleaned before and after use in production.
- Ensure team’s observance of all operation and safety instructions as regards the use and cleaning production equipment.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum qualification of First Degree (HND, B.A., B.Sc., B.Eng. or its equivalent), while additional qualifications (MBA, M.Sc, MA, ML) and/or membership of professional bodies is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6-8 (Six-Eight) years of cognate experience.
- Leadership and problem-solving skills, effective verbal communication skills, report-writing skills, excellent customer service skills and computer skills.
- Ability to identify and interpret origin and nature work-related problems.
- The Fresh Manager must possess a pleasant/pleasing personality and be able work varied hours and days, including weekends, holidays and nights as necessary.
Specific Work Elements:
- Ensuring customers are greeted and provide excellent customer service;
- Communicating customer requests to team and superiors where needed;
- Be accountable for work timing of team members and performing other tasks as assigned.
- Inspecting faulty merchandise or damaged products;
- Cascading required strategic management information to lowest team-member;
- Maintaining awareness of current advertisements and promotions;
- Keeping fresh area clean; supplies properly stocked.
Source: JOB VACANCY