Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Investment Advisor
Job ID: 570655
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Function: Wealth Management
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Understand and effectively communicate the bank’s Investment House views to RMs and Clients
- Support the Bank’s agenda to be a strong provider of Wealth Management and Investment solutions.
- Ensure that regular portfolio reviews are carried out on clients’ portfolios, and alignment with the bank’s investment house views is achieved always
- Be a trusted advisor
- Provide Investment Advice to Clients to meet the client’s desired investment objectives and increase bank’s share of client investment business
- Produce profitable solutions to meet the client financial objectives
- Contribute strongly to the overall Investment business’ growth and profitability
- Support in the execution of strategic agenda for Investment Advisory with the purpose of maximizing growth, market share & profitability for Investment Services
- Support RMs and Sales teams in proffering appropriate solutions to clients investment needs
- Identify cross-selling opportunities within Investment products in particular, and Wealth Management products in general
- Improve quality & performance of Investment products on offer
- Ensure that clients are duly profiled and risk rated before products are offered
- Ensure that clients are only offered products within their risk rating
- Ensure the proper treatment of vulnerable persons (age and literacy wise) and their transactions
- Ensure full awareness of all policies and procedures issued in relation to AML, ABC, FATCA, KYC
- Ensure awareness of all policies relating to sales processes and operational risk, and ensure compliance by all responsible parties
- Ensure understanding and compliance of the Group Code of Conduct
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in International Corporate, Nigeria Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a Second Class Degree from an accredited university
- Professional Investment/WM qualifications advantageous, but not required.
- In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption/exclusion will also be required.
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English), with proven ability to work across cultures and within a dynamic environmen
- Able to hold credible dialogue at all levels of the organisation, as well as with
Source: JOB VACANCY