Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Laboratory Logistics Associate
Job Location: Abuja
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Laboratory Logistics Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The Logistics Associate shall work under the direct supervision of the Lab Logistics Advisor and overall guidance of the Senior Lab Logistics Advisor to provide hands-on support to health facilities, States. Federal Ministry of Health Agencies through their Logistics Management Coordination Units (LMCUs) and at the Central level.
- In collaboration with Lab Logistics Advisors, Regional Managers, s/he supports the Health Facilities providing lab services, implementing partners, Global Fund (Principal Recipient/Sub-Recipient) and other stakeholders in defined locations on supply chain- laboratory related activities to enhance data visibility and information sharing.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The objective of this billable position is to serve as the Laboratory Logistics Associate for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC)-Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Project.
- Provides technical assistant for the update of the standardized list of laboratory equipment for each level of the national health pyramid.
- Under mentorship supports the process of post-market validation of HIV rapid test kits and other laboratory products as appropriate, based on the guidance of the national programs and USG team.
- Under supervision provides support in the collection of laboratory logistics data using national HIV/AIDS, Malaria and TB laboratory logistics tools that can inform resupplies, quantification, and funding and procurement decisions.
- Under supervision provides technical support to the GHSC-PSM cold chain assessment warehousing and distribution activities to support service delivery.
- In liaison with the supervisor, provides technical support to the Government and partners on product specifications and selection to inform quantification and procurement of laboratory commodities.
- Under guidance Provides technical assistance to the stakeholders on Integrated Samples Transfer/Referral system to optimize the laboratory equipment harmonization and standardization.
- Timely processing of LMIS reports, and filling of requirements to ensure that health facilities are re-supplied with appropriate commodities.
- Support training/mentoring of health facility staff in the use and application of the LMIS tools for the collection of HIV and TB logistics data
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science.
- Registered with the professional regulatory government agency
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (Xcel, words, power point) is a requirement
- 2 Years working experience in HIV/TB related activity
- Show a keen interest in learning and making a career in logistic management of health commodities is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and be mentored.
- The Laboratory Logistics Associate will report directly to the Lab Logistics Advisor.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Source: JOB VACANCY