Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Grocery & Non-Food Department Chief
Job Location: Lagos
- To provide a wide variety of products to the satisfaction of customers; and with aim of giving an unparalleled product experience.
- To help drive the business in the department by ensuring the availability of all range of product both in prescribed quality and quantity.
- To arrange/display various types of products/items in a neat, attractive and eye-catching manner as to appeal to the customers’ fancy
- Monitor in coordination with team stock inventory and ensure the availability of products at all time.
- Ensure consistent quality, beautiful and attractive presentation all the products.
- Responsible for Receiving along with team members based strictly on adherence to the SOP on receiving.
- Responsible along with other team members to ensure reduction in wastage.
- Ensure that products are stored at right place and under the right condition – temperatures & in a hygienic & safe manner.
- Maintain ideal stock levels per product category & rotate stock(FIFO/FEFO).
- Ensure availability of stock and placing of order immediately they fall below the minimum stock level.
- Receiving of stock from back-store/supplier and confirming the correctness of the quantity and the quality of same.
- Periodical planning & undertaking of stock take.
- Accountable along with team members for shrinkage.
Team Management & Supervision:
- Ensuring the early/timely resumption of all the grocery staff before the start of their shift.
- Ensure proper understanding of all strategic information as passed by management to the team members promptly and accurately.
- Conduct regular briefings with team so as to orientate on new trends, discuss floor arrangement, periodic targets and mandates and give feedbacks on work related issues to superiors.
- Evaluate and correct where necessary team members’ grooming and appearance.
- Draw, approve and communicate the various roasters to team and superiors.
- Ensure strict adherence by all team members to the various roasters shift roaster; off-duty roaster, leave roaster etc. maintained by the department.
- Drawing/Collating/Approving and executing departmental planning for weekends, public holidays and other important days.
- Exhibit high level of discipline in the work area as expected of all team members.
- Participate in the training and evaluation of new team-members.
- Ensure that the work area is cleaned before, during and after use with recommended solutions & chemicals.
- Ensure housekeeping standard is maintained at all times.
- Ensure cleaning is implemented in accordance with the department procedure/schedule.
- Oversees activity of junior team-mates to ensure that they are working up to store expectations.
- Participate effectively in the change of shifts and prevent disruptions to the process.
- Personal & Work Environment Appearance, Grooming & Hygiene
- Ensure compliance with company’s set standard on personal grooming by team.
- Ensure the company provided uniforms and kit worn in the right manner by team.
- All checklist on Operations, Hygiene, Health and safety standards are observed.
- Ensure that customers are well attended to and taken care of at all times.
- Ensure all products have: correct price tags, with details and date of expiry.
- Ensure to always serve customers in a pleasing manner & cross sell other products.
- Ensure that team conduct scheduled inspection on displayed products to cross-check sell-by dates and remove items with low/elapsed shelf life.
- Assist in prompt treatment of special orders.
- Ensure consistent quality, freshness and presentation all the products.
- Ensuring better levels of commitment to serve customers.
- Ensure all products are brought out for merchandising & display.
- Ensure appealing composure to customers by providing quality, fresh products in a hygienic manner by self or through team members.
- Ensure that customer service stands foremost, whether serving customer in the front end or producing for customers in the back end.
Merchandising – Display & Promos:
- Coordinate product merchandise & display: In a neat & hygienic manner in line with the floor display plan.
- Cross-merchandising and space planning and management.
- Ensure correct quantity & prices are labelled over promo items.
- Ensure regular update and adjustment of price display especially at the beginning and ending of promos
- Stock management.
- Ensure checks are conducted to remove all spoilt/damaged products from display and proper documentation is done.
- Ensure stock rotation (FIFO/FEFO).
- Ensuring pleasing & attractive display & regular replenishment.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of National Certificate of Education (NCE), Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or equivalent, while additional qualifications and/or membership of a professional body is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years cognate experience.
Source: JOB VACANCY