Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Finance Manager
Job ID: 13-9858
Job Location: Abuja
Reports To: Project Director
- The Finance Manager is responsible for financial management support to the portfolio of projects within their country. S/he ensures that financial functions support the timely and effective implementation of the projects’ technical scope of work.
- The Finance Manager provides counsel to help project and country leadership ensure that resources are allocated and used in compliance with contractual requirements, applicable regulations, and appropriate standards and procedures.
- S/he works cooperatively with the project, country office accounting team, HQ-based Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, and the other players in the Country Operations Management Unit (COMU).
Financial and Risk Management:
- Ensure compliance with financial deliverable tracker for all projects in country
- Report functionally to and work cooperatively with Atlas FP&A to ensure excellent customer service in country/region.
- Actively participate to build/maintain MSH FP&A library of standards, tools and training.
- Coordinate with CLT and FP&A the creation, approval and maintenance of FP&A Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) in country office.
- Ensure compliance with SLA
- Provide strategic support and guidance to all project teams in country in all areas related to financial management (including but not limited to funds requests, spending analysis, budget monitoring, profit and loss analysis, compliance with donor caps and other financial restrictions, etc.)
- Ensure that appropriate reviews and controls are in place to assess financial risk of the country office portfolio of projects and activities, and plan mitigating action.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Perform (or oversee team’s preparation) routine financial analysis and reporting, both for internal use and external reporting.
- Perform (or oversee team’s preparation) analysis of financial data to identify financial risks in country.
- Provide support to monitor, mitigate or control financial risks in country.
- Other duties as assigned
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Accountable to provide financial support to all budget managers in country, with a particular focus on accurate, timely and sophisticated budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis, financial monitoring and reporting.
- Work with project teams to ensure budgets are reflective of planned activities, are feasible to implement, planned costs in compliance with donor regulations, and value for money.
- Work in compliance with MSH standards, donor and country regulations and requirements
- Coordinate the annual work plan budgeting process for the country office, in support of the Country Leadership Team.
- Responsible to develop budgets and financial projections for all funding sources (project, COMU, and overhead).
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant field.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in financial management of complex international development assistance programs (budgeting, reporting and analysis) required.
- Significant experience with USG-funded projects; USAID experience strongly desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills, high attention to detail required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to operate in a culturally diverse organization, and communicate to all levels within the organization
- High level of professional proficiency in English required.
- Manage work with shifting priorities.
- Experience working with other international donors, foundations and private donors preferable.
- Demonstrated skills in developing large budgets, analyzing spending against budget, and internal and external reporting required.
- Ability to work under pressure with positive attitude, remain focused on results, and respond to changing priorities.
- Excellent Excel skills required (including data extraction, manipulation, pivoting, etc.).
- Familiarity with Google Apps and Microsoft Office desirable. Knowledge of Navigator and QuickBooks a plus.
- Self-starter who can work well independently and also work effectively as a team member.
Source: JOB VACANCY