Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: GL Revenue Accounting Executive
Job Location: Nigeria
Looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of GL Revenue Accounting Executive who would be responsible for:
- Ensure accuracy in recognition of Interconnect Revenue & Post-paid revenue reporting
- Ensure zero level of bad debt by reconciliation of partners’ account and liaising with respective partners for prompt payment
- Ensure timely reporting of all month-end reports
- Manage the relationship with both internal and external parties, Interconnect partners, Enterprise team and CSD team in order to ensure that collection of all outstanding receivables are received on the due dates at all times.
- Enure proper hygiene controls on all GL lines
- Ensure reconciled GL positions
- Ensure annual financial statements are prepared in line with current international accounting standards
- Closure of 10-year plan to support AFS evaluation
- Ensure collation of all relevant audit data and ensure smooth running of audit exercises within Financial Reporting Directorate
- Daily monitoring of receivables collections from all Interconnect Partners and Postpaid Customers
- Bi-weekly intimation of receivable positions to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that all schedules are reconciled to system balances
- Zero exposure to the business arising from non-payment by Interconnect Partners and Postpaid customers
- Decrease bad debt positions in Interconnect & Postpaid an all other Airtel’s receivables rising payment issues
- Accurate reporting of all revenue lines to ensure zero tolerance of exposure in terms of over/under reporting
- Accuracy level of 100%
- Timely reporting in line with SLAs
- Adherence to policy and procedures
Applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and professional qualification in Accounting.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in an FMCG or Telecoms industry
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills and Microsoft excel proficiency
- Strong financial analysis and reporting skills
- Attention to detail and ability to translate financial data into usable business intelligence
- Good team player
Source: JOB VACANCY